Now who doesn’t love potato chips? I try to eat healthily most of the time, but once in a while I indulge a little. Ice cream, chocolate and chips are some of my guilty pleasures. But if you wanna have chips without the guilt, here’s a nifty trick to try… making your very own chips from fresh potatoes. These are so fun and easy to make! And they require zero cooking chops. As long as you know how to operate a microwave oven, you’re pretty much set. Just watch your fingers when slicing the potatoes! 😉
Click image to view full video
1. Use a mandolin to slice potatoes thinly. Toss slices in a big bowl with oil and salt to coat evenly.
2. Coat a large microwavable plate with cooking spray. Arrange some potato slices in a single layer on the plate.
3. Microwave, uncovered, on High until some slices start to brown, 2 to 3 minutes (depending on the power of your microwave).
4. Turn slices over (they will be hot, so take care with your fingers) and continue microwaving until they start to crisp and brown around the edges, for about 30 seconds.
5. Check frequently and rearrange slices as needed to prevent scorching.
6. Transfer chips to another plate and allow to cool completely. (They will crisp up more as they cool).
7. Repeat process with remaining slices.
Storage: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.