If I had to rank my favourite CNY snack of all time, I think cornflake cookies might come up tops. I don’t know what it is about cornflakes in baked goods that makes them so addictive. I haven’t been able to stop nibbling on these crunchy, sweet, salty, nutty, buttery bits of goodness ever since I made them. In fact, soon after they came out of the oven, my husband ate 20! So I decided to share this simple recipe with you and who knows, it might end up your favourite CNY snack too. 😉
p.s. If cornflake cookies aint’ your thing, check out my previous Top 5 CNY recipes post!
200g salted butter, room temperature
2 egg yolks
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup almond slices
- Cream softened butter and sugar in a mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks to the mixture and beat till they are evenly mixed.
- Sift flour and baking powder together, then fold gently into the butter mixture.
- Fold in cornflakes and almond slices until everything comes together.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spoon teaspoon sized portions of the cookie batter onto the tray. Flatten each ball slightly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170C/340F for about 12-15 minutes, or until cookies have turned golden brown.
- Cool cookies completely and enjoy!